Here’s a protein packed sweet recipe for you to try out. The ingredients in this recipe are packed with protein which means you could enjoy one of these babies anytime of the day.
I would make a couple changes when I make these again which I will go into below.
Ok check it out
* 1 tin chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
* 5 tbs sugar free peanut butter or almond butter
* 4 tbs honey (you could substitute with stevia which I would have done but I had none left 🙁)
* 1 big scoop Wild Raw Vanilla Vegan Protein (any vanilla whey protein will do, always try and choose a soy free option which is easy to digest and won’t leave you feeling gross and bloated)
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp vanilla essence
* 2 eggs
* 2/3 cup almond milk
* 1/3 cup dark choc chips (I melted a couple blocks of dark choc with some almond milk and poured it over the top instead but choc chips would have worked better)
* 3 tbs shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Place all the ingredients ideally into a food processor except for 1 tbs of coconut
(I used my trusty old blender again which didn’t work very well 🙄😬)
Blend until smooth
Once blended this is where you would mix the dark choc chips into the batter.
Pour the batter into a tray which has been sprayed with cooking spray and sprinkle the remaining coconut over the top
Bake for about 25 – 30 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Pour the melted dark choc over the top (if you go with the option of dark choc chips then it won’t be necessary to add the sauce to the top)
Cut into squares and enjoy 🤗
This is a far healthier alternative to a slice of sugary cake but you would still need to portion control. I would try and stick to 1 per day. 😀
Happy Wednesday 🌼