See below for a basic list of snacks under 100 calories.
Knowledge is power ?? Prep your snacks for the week and avoid becoming over hungry before meals by snacking on healthy food throughout the day.
Try and keep your snacks to about 100 calories each.
Here we go…..
* 1 orange
* 14 almonds
* 1 cup blueberries (freeze these for a refreshing treat)
* 3/4 cup of sliced green apples with 2 tsp sugar free peanut butter / almond butter
* 28 grapes (These also taste amazing frozen) it takes about 2 hours to freeze.
* 1/2 cucumber sliced in 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons red onions
* 1 hard boiled egg
* 1 cup of air popped popcorn
* 1 cup of watermelon
* 1 cup carrot sticks (about 10) and 2 tbs hummus
* 3 blocks of dark chocolate
* 30 asparagus spears
* 2 1/4 cup green beans
* 1 cup cherry tomatoes
* 1 rice cake with 1 tsp almond butter/ sugar free peanut butter
* 1/4 cup raisins
* 1 cup chopped pineapple
* 2 kiwis
* 2 slices of bacon
* 1 cup of veggie soup
* 1 glass of tomato juice (250ml)
* 1 small baked potato
* 1/3 cup red kidney beans
* 1 scoop protein shake mixed with water
* Clicks smart bite snacks
* Woolies slimmers baked chips (choose one which is below 400kj)
* 1 slimmers/ low kJ jelly (Pnp Live Well brand is a good option)
* 1 slice low carb bread with hummus
* 1/2 avocado
* Basic fruit smoothie with 1/2 cup fruit blended with water or almond milk and ice (Health bar offers the carrot, pineapple and Apple smoothie, the Chilled Chia and the OH MY mocha which are all low in calories)
The Health Bar also stocks low carb snacks and meals for those who don’t have the time to cook.
I’m looking forward to a week of good eating and some challenging but rewarding training sessions. We have some fun workouts planned this week ?? Wishing you a successful week ahead!